Weirdness

Friday, November 26, 2004

T.C. Williams update

Yes, they're going to tear down my old high school. I admit to being kinda ambivalent about the whole thing. I'm not one of thsoe people who was really into high school, nor am I overly nostalgic. On the other hand, there's something at least slightly comforting about driving or walking around and being able to see something out of one's personal past. That'll be gone soon. The new structure will mean nothing to me. There's going to be a lot of ghosts excised when those walls come tumbling down - the sound of Ed Raskind's sharp quips echoing down C Hall, the sinister clouds of the smoking hall, the Darwinian terror of the rest rooms, etc. All uprooted. At any rate, here's a link to the construction plans:
http://www.acps.k12.va.us/construction/tcw_112404.pdf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home