Weirdness

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Signs of the End Times

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/09/AR2005050901243.html?referrer=emailarticle

I learned to play poker while in seventh grade. The coolest guy in my grade taught me, John Navazio. There was some sort of stupid Xmas pageant going on and we were part of the French class contribution to it. We had to arrive early and didn't perform until late and so had to spend an hour or two sitting around - that's when he started up a friendly little game. I loved it. I still remember that lesson, (and have totally forgotten what we did in the Xmas pageant, I just hope it didn't involve wearing clogs).
Though I've played very little recently, I was in a lot of games through high school and college (a few of you reading this were part of some of those games). They were challenging and thoroughly enjoyable; I still consider poker to be one of the best games ever designed. But clearly, I have been away too long. Let's see, poker now involves listening to new age sludge, eating vitamins and Jesus filling an inside straight. What a crock. One more simple pleasure ruined by morons and drones. Sorry, but I fold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home