Weirdness

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Girls' Swim Teams & Darwinism

I've noticed a phenomena recently involving girls' swim teams, (this may have been going on for years, I rarely pay attention ot these things). Every Saturday, the roads are clogged with an array of vans and wagons driven by mothers and carrying swarms of young contenders to various swim meets. All of these vans have their windows covered in graffitti urging the Fighting Minnows to Victory, etc. I guess they use soap or some washable paint. The point is that this cuts down on the vision of the drivers by about 90%. Kids used to get arrested at Halloween for doing this kinda stuff to other people's cars. So, here's my prediction: due to their near-total blindness, these vans will be involved in many more accidents; fatalities and cripplings will accrue, etc. The result will be that far fewer girls who swim will be able to breed, thus reducing the chances for succeeding generations to be successful competitive swimmers. In a century or two, women will be reduced to little more than helpless choking and bobbing on the waves.
This gives me an idea. This windshield graffitti could be a real tool. There's no real advantage to this, currently. I mean, I have nothing against women swimming. On the other hand, there is the Key Club...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home