Weirdness

Friday, October 14, 2005

Call of Cthulhu film review

I just finished watching the DVD of the Call of Cthulhu - very cool. It's put out by the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society, a group that's been out and around for many years performing live action Cthulhu gaming adventures. Given a low budget and the difficulty of Lovecraft's story, they opted for a black and white silent movie, and I think it works. There are a few slow places, but overall I really enjoyed it and thought it probably captured Lovecrat's ideas better than a major Hollywood production would have.
I'm not sure it has an audience outside of Mythos fandom, but for those of you who are already half maddened with the knowledge of cosmic blasphemy and unfathonable gulfs of time and space, I give it Two Tentacles Up!

http://www.cthulhulives.org/cocmovie/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home