Weirdness

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Hollow Weeners

Well, Blau Manor is recovering from another Halloween. We had a slight increase in trick-or-treaters this year - up to 44, but what weenies! All but one group had adults with them, even several in their early teens! And many were too young or terminally stupid to figure out what was going on. Most seemed incapable of figuring out that normally one has to knock at a door or ring its bell in order to alert people to one's presence. It's a good thing I was keeping a sharp lookout, or some of these morons would have spent all night huddled out front wondering what the hell to do. I don't know how many times I'd open the door to find some clueless, craven rugrat staring dumbly at me while their parent stood behind them trying to push them forward while inanely repeating "Say Trick Or Treat! Say Trick Or Treat!". Of course, their spawn was incapable of even this utterance and stood there while I glumly tossed candy into their sacks. Just my luck to be stuck with a bunch of deaf mutes for the holiday. Pathetic.
The costumes were okay, but I have to assume they were all the parents' doing. These urchins seemed incapable of mustering the enthusiasm to even tie their shoes, much less dress up. I suppose I could console myself by imagining that the entire neighborhood's kinder were simply imitating Night of the Living Dead, but I refuse to engage in fantasy. They were just lame.
One keeps hearing over and over how the holiday has transformed itself into one for adults, and I believe it. It's kinda sad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home