Weirdness

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Putin on Judo!

Yes, the premier of Russia has written a book on Judo. Go to Amazon if you don't believe me. What's most interesting about this is what it can mean for Kremlinologists. I sincerely believe that one is heavily influenced by the sports and games one grew up with. In the past, I'd of argued that Russian geopolitical strategy was based on that nation's love affair with Chess. China's is based on Go, and America's has gone from poker to football, (I suspect charades in France's political culture). At any rate, Judo has it's own mindset, (I know next to nothing about it), and it'd be interesting to have someone who is an expert compare that mindset with Putin's method's of governing. There's a doctoral paper in this somewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home