Weirdness

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Outside of the usual feast, there are two traditions to this holiday for me. The first goes right back to my childhood, and that's Art Buchwald's annual column. The Post has been publishing it since forever. It was one of my father's favorites and I can remember him reading it to me as a kid - he loved the "franglaise" puns. And later on, every year when we'd get together he'd always ask me if I'd caught it and I always would so I could answer in the affirmative. It probably won't strike most of you as particularly funny or that big a deal. Times change. But like any good tradition, it's a small reminder of some pleasant and important times to me. Here you go, Dad:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/11/22/AR2006112201825.html

The second ritual is that every year, Linda will be in the kitchen busily cooking up a storm, and I'll play Alice's Restaurant on the stereo. I mentioned seeing Arlo just a couple of weeks ago and finally seeing this performed live. A very cool experience. Enjoy, and I hope you all have a happy and safe day with friends, family, and good memories.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_7C0QGkiVo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home