Weirdness

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Merry Whatever!

With December 17th we come to the beginning of the Saturnalia Festivals. So let me just take the time right now to wish everyone a safe, healthy and happy Saturnalia, Christmas, Channukah, Solstice, New Years, Festivus, Yule, Kwanzaa, Cthulhumas, and whatever other names we've come up with for the darkest time of the year.
Since I was a kid I've always taken some time around this season to reflect back on the previous twelve months, to sort of recount and categorize what I've done wrong, and what I've done right; where I've succeeded, and where I've failed; to appreciate the friends that are with me, and to remember those who no longer are. And to get some idea of where the hell I'm going. I suspect I am not alone in this activity. May your past be satisfying and honorable, and the future more so.

1 Comments:

  • Somehow the best satisfying moments from the past were never what some would consider the most honorable ones.....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home