Weirdness

Friday, December 01, 2006

a nice video collage for Michelle Shocked's "Come A Long Way"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6UKmWdFPtI

A very nice video, and a wonderful song, perhaps my favorite by 'Chelle. It's been decades since I've been in L.A.*, and I hear it's the only American town that's a bigger pain in the ass to drive than D.C., but I would like to take the freeway there once at night while listening to this tune.

*The last time would have been '77. I was visiting my Uncle Bill and Aunt Lois, two of the nicest people, always happy to take me around to bookstores and whatnot. Both long gone, and both sorely missed.
I found the town interesting, but also sinister. There seemed to be fires everywhere, and the ever present danger of earthquakes. In DC the dangers are human, LA has that too, but the blind wrath of angry earth gods is a little more than I want to roll dice with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home