Weirdness

Monday, February 26, 2007

The Last Record Store

http://www.substancetv.com/article.php/80463db1581039365dd6f0a845279873/?iss=1&art=7
A nice article about something many of you younger folks will never get to experience - going down to the "Sacred Store" (as Don McLean referred to it) and listening to, hunting for, and talking about music. I wouldn't trade my years there for anything, and I suspect those of you who were with me, or at another store, feel similarly. There's something very cool about an independent record shop. I could go on for a long time telling you why, but you either know already, or never will. Too bad they're almost all gone - just like independent radio.
So thanks to Erik for passing on this link to me, and a hello to him and the rest of the clerks, fanatics, aficionados, musicians, refugees and scholars who might be reading this - Pete, Doug, Mathew, Carol, Charlotte, Richard, Jane, Karl, Sarah, Deb, Geof, Randy, Chris, Paul, Stella, Andrew, Vanessa and Missy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home