Weirdness

Thursday, June 07, 2007

cool article on "Field Sense"

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/15-06/ff_mindgames?currentPage=2
Fascinating stuff! But I'd be inclined to expand such studies to more mental, emotional and political activities. There are great parliamentarians who had the same sense in their chosen field; and mentalists and "cold readers" like Kreskin also exhibit this hyper-perception. I can honestly say that in my younger days I experienced it when immersed in playing the game "Diplomacy". One almost intuitively knows exactly what is going on, how people are thinking, and what is going to happen; without really being aware of why/how one knows. (One theory I have is the brain's ability to notice and evaluate very subtle eye and mouth movements, and slight vocal pattern changes in others). Although it's been over twenty years, I still remember those few experiences as being quietly amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home