Weirdness

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes perform I Don't Want To Go Home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFNCiEGZbLk&mode=related&search=

I've seen at least one weak performance by Southside, but I've also seen some great ones. One of the best White R&B singers and bands - ever. When he's cooking, Southside can take a song and add a depth of emotion to it that is almost painful. Linda and I caught the Jukes at Merriweather about twenty years ago and they opened with the old Supremes hit of Stop! In The Name of Love. It was unbelievable - one of the most energetic and joyful performances I've ever seen - a near religious experience. And the Jukes are one of those bands that can play for hours and get better and better. You never leave a Southside concert early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home