Weirdness

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

my new hero

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/rawfisher/2007/10/if_i_had_a_hammer_id_hammer_th.html#comments

I hate cable companies. In fact, I don't believe I've ever talked to anyone who liked their cable company. Customer service usually lies somewhere between the Gestapo and a Monty Python skit. I'm still trying to figure out where in the Constitution it gives county and city governments the right to grant TV monopolies to whoever can bribe the council members. I can't tell you how much I resent the primitive pricing structure, (why can't I just buy access to the six stations I care about, rather than some stupid bloated tier system encompassing such classics as the Mexican soap opera channel and the Persian Rug Network?). And our old cable company in Alexandria was the pits! I bet they used exposed tin wires to transmit the signal. Not only would the whole thing go out EVERY rain storm, but sometimes they'd shut it off with the mere prediction of rain. The most pathetic monopolies around...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home