Weirdness

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

the (supposed) plot to assasinate Churchill, Stalin & Roosevelt

http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071016/84122320.html

It might be true, but I'd like to see some better documentation. I find it difficult to believe that a Ukrainian guerrilla intelligence office somehow managed to get this information under any circumstances. I'd also be curious about the logistics of such an airborne assault. The nazis would almost have to have Turkish cooperation to do so, (that wouldn't surprise me in the least...), but there would have been Allied fighter to contend with as well. On the other hand, Skorzeny was a real hotshot. If anyone were going to attempt it, he'd be the man. But I've read quite a lot about him over the years and can't recall the claimed admission on his part about it, (though perhaps my memory is at fault here). Like I said, would love to see some more backup here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home