Weirdness

Sunday, December 02, 2007

James Taylor performs Fire & Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64_303eHaTM
Great song. Very interesting, probably the best song I know of on suicide. Many years ago in my record store days, I worked with a young lady who then went off to college. She was very discouraged and saddened by the experience, and we corresponded regarding that and I tried to tell her things would get better. It did no good. One Saturday morning I was home listening to the radio - it started playing this song and at that very moment I got a call from one of the assistant managers - she was dead. Official details were understandably vague, but I was able to piece together that she'd died of what was almost certainly an intentional overdose from a prescription. Very sad, and I am always reminded of her and the potential lost when I hear this tune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home