Weirdness

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Eagles & The Cellar Door - a little history

http://www.eaglesfans.com/community/meetings/viens.htm
(Thanks for the link, Erik!)

The Door was a pretty interesting place. I certainly would call it intimate. Hell, I'd call it claustrophobic! The tables were about the size of my mousepad. Around these were placed chairs that had been designed by anoerexics with a penchant for sado-masochism. But the shows were great, (if I could only remember most of 'em...). John Cale gave a wonderful performance that I still remember as one of the five or six best I've ever seen, Kinky Friedman was there with all the Texas Jew Boys jammed on the tiny stage; and I saw an early performance by the Urban Verbs that was absolutely riveting. Fun stuff....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home