Weirdness

Sunday, May 18, 2008

secret strobelight weapon of WWII

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2008/05/wwii-strobe-t-1.html

Hmmm, maybe... I have a few questions - what type of portable generator was available that could safely and effectively be mounted on tanks? How long could it power these effects? I am a little doubtful on strobe lights being immune to machine gun fire, and wonder why they and their generators would also be immune to even moderate HE artillery, (which is an indirect fire weapon)? I'm also curious as to the user's tactics. The strobe effect doesn't affect them? Why not? I know it's supposedly aimed away, but that just means you aren't getting the full blast; is that okay? And one would have to keep a remarkably straight line during an advance so as not to get into the "light zone"- how often does that happen in real life? I have a feeling there were a lot of reasons why this "war winner" wasn't actually used...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home