Weirdness

Friday, June 27, 2008

The Door To Hell

http://bitsandpieces.us/2008/06/27/the-door-to-hell/

There are a couple of less dramatic examples that I've heard of; and a minor one I've seen. Just North of Montrose, Colorado there was some sort of sawdust fire that I remember seeing as a kid. My memory of the cause is kind of cloudy now, (maybe one of my cousins out there can help me out), but I think there was a large dumping of sawdust from one of the local lumber mills out in the 'dobes. It filled in the numerous caves and crevices that are found there and caught fire, (it wouldn't surprise me if it was spontaneous combustion like you get in grain mills...). I think it gently burned through the compacted sawdust for several years; and I remember driving by and seeing the reddish glow at night from the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home