Weirdness

Monday, June 23, 2008

the robot chair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dgaz6NIUFk
This was sent to me by my friend, Mathew (Thanks!). These things creep me out. His message to me is better than anything I could think to say:
"Here, we see a design prototype for a nightmare future from some students at the Design Academy of Eindhoven in the Netherlands. It's a robot chair that follows you around a library - like a Dalek from a Doctor Who episode. These chairs will clearly be the advance guard in the robot uprising, doggedly trailing humans and encouraging them to take the weight off their feet, leading to a tendency for sloth and idleness that will leave mankind too chubby and indolent to fight off the mechanical hordes. No matter where you run, the robot chair will follow you. It will follow you to your grave. "

As a comic book-reading kid, one of my faves was Magnus, Robot Fighter. It seems quite applicable.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus:_Robot_Fighter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home