Weirdness

Monday, November 10, 2008

Al Stewart performs Times Passages

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOy1QJT1Zfk



The leaves continue to fall and pile up around the Manor. And one is constantly drawn back to past Novembers. The lyrics for this tune are perfect for me. From the less than truthful declaration of not living in the past, to the rather forlorn expectation that there's something to learn and the jarring explanation of the mind games we play with ourselves. I'm told Al really doesn't like this song, which is a pity, as I think it's one of his best. Perhaps it hits too close to home. It's pretty forlorn, when you get right down to it. Definitely a great song.

(p.s., I honestly think I know the lady this song was written about/for, making it all the more interesting and adding even more nuance to it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home