Weirdness

Sunday, November 16, 2008

a nice evening

Went out last night to see Livingston Taylor at the Barns. A very nice show. A little saddening, perhaps. The last time I saw him perform was the Fall of '74, (opening for John Sebastian). At this show, I was actually at the younger end of the crowd. The age spread was about 55 - 70. I looked around at all of us, much heavier, grayer, balder (the men), etc., and wanted to cry out - "Hey gang! Remember when we were cool?!?" On the good side, no one was screaming out requests in my ear, spilling beer down my back or puking in the aisles. (Of course, this was a Liv Taylor show, hardly the type of venue for that, even back in my salad days...).
At any rate, it was a good show, he encored with my fave song by him, and the Barns is always a nice place to go to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home