Weirdness

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Amazing...

The fact that I am typing this is proof enough that DC, and I, survived the Inauguration. There were incidents, yes, but they were remarkably few and no where near what could have occurred, given the numbers. I'm sure the whole security apparatus will claim the success as their own. Maybe, but I doubt it. The kindest thing I'll say is that they apparently didn't make things so bad that catastrophes would have been encouraged. But I think a large portion of the credit must simply go to the citizenry. 2+ million people got together and behaved remarkably well. They drove much better than expected, (or is normal for our Mad Max-like highways). And they stayed calm and smart throughout it all. Again, I'm sure there were incidents and assholes. But for 2 mil, they didn't even register. What can I say, I'm impressed. Everyone gets a gold star for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home