Weirdness

Monday, February 09, 2009

Petula Clark performs Downtown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLLqHHS69TI&feature=related

A wonderful Tony Hatch tune. And I'll always have a crush on Pet. I might as well point out that MAD magazine had a devastating parody entitled Ground Round that I also loved:

When you eat meat but hate the meat that you're eating then you've surely got,
GROUND ROUND
It's so unnerving when they're constantly serving in an eating spot,
GROUND ROUND
It may be called a chopped steak, a salisbury or beef patty
No matter what it's called it's always overcooked and fatty
What can you do?
Go up to your waiter there, and loudly pound on your table,stand up on your chair, and shout:
GROUND ROUND, always you're serving me,
GROUND ROUND, always you're conning me,
GROUND ROUND, why must it always be,
GROUND ROUND, Ground Round, ground round...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home