Weirdness

Thursday, March 19, 2009

a nice show...

Well, thanks to Linda's prodding, I finally did something I've been meaning to do for about 15+ years now - go to a concert by that favored daughter of Pikesville, Sonia and Disappear Fear. They were playing at the Barns and it was a great show. I fell in love with their sound and her songwriting early on when I heard a sad little ballad called Box of Tissues and have followed along ever since. The crowd was kind of small, (probably only 50% capacity), but wildly enthusiastic. At any rate, I highly recommend seeing them. There's something about Sonia's slightly raspy voice that I really am entranced by. And although I don't find every song to be a perfect gem, I still consider her one of the best songwriters going, both for her ballads as well as her rockers. I will admit that it is one of the many small ironies in my life that Sonia and her music tend to wear their hearts and optimism on their sleeves, at times quite strongly - not quite my usual style. But Sonia can carry it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3kum-SUZCs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home