Weirdness

Saturday, June 20, 2009

fanvid of the Guess Who performing No Time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqeSUAlI5uI&feature=related

A great song. I've written about it before, but what the hell, it bares repeating. It was the Summer of '71 and I was spending it with my cousins in Colorado. There were all sorts of things going on then, some of them quite bad. But it was still one of the best and most interesting times of my live. We'd go cruising almost every night in my (future) cousin-in-law Rob's hot rod. And that would inevitably mean a stop at the local Tastee Freeze diner. They had some sort of sound system there, but apparently possessed only one album to be played on it - a greatest hits package of the Guess Who, which they played relentlessly over and over again. I'm sure it drove the employees mad, bu t for those of us who just stopped by once a night, (every night), it meant those songs would be engraved on our DNA. I simply can't think of this, or any other Guess Who tune, without remembering those times, (and the cute girl behind the counter...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home