Weirdness

Thursday, July 02, 2009

the genetic basis of schizophrenia

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/07/090701131309.htm

Fascinating. But I, retro dude that I am, still hold out the possibility of very early childhood development being a factor, (one theory I remember from my youth was of a visual stage of infant development that might be a factor). I've also always been curious about the whole EVP phenomena and how it might relate to the voices supposedly heard by so many schiz's. There's a lot of fraud out there, but some of the stuff I've heard was quite interesting, (I've only experienced it myself once - and it was VERY convincing that something intelligent was being recorded). I'd love to see what happens when one tape records the surroundings of a schizophrenic when they are claiming to hear voices. That'd be something....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home