Weirdness

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

the Soviet attack plan for Manchester???

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/6091126/USSR-plotted-invasion-of-Manchester.html

operationally, this seems pretty improbable to me. I am unaware of any Soviet grand strategic plans in place for invading Britain; nor am I aware of the manufacture and buildup of military capabilities for doing so. I suspect this map is little more than an exercise in wishful thinking and the type of planning that all large military's engage in from time to time. The German General Staff had developed a wildly unrealistic plan for going to war against the U.S. and invading us around 1905. About ten years later, the American Army had developed a "what-if" plan for invading Canada that wasn't much more realistic. I heard rumors of an American plan in the late 60's should it be necessary to invade and occupy ALL of Africa, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home