Weirdness

Monday, September 21, 2009

South Africa Declares WWIII !!!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/09/12/2683897.htm
Up till now, the War of Jenkins Ear has been one of my favorite wars, based upon causes. And we mustn't forget the Thirty Years War, which virtually depopulated portions of central Europe over the question of transubstantiation. I believe the original British assault on Zanzibar used an even sillier excuse, (officially), but for the life of me can't remember what it was, (the real excuse was that the Brits wanted to control Zanzibar...).
But now we have a new contestant - South Africa launches the Great Hermaphrodite Cheating War*. I bet the Warsaw Pact are kicking themsleves for not using this tactic in the Olympics 30+ years ago. So, gird your loins, (or whatever passes for them in South Africa). We go to WAR!

*Despite my rather smarmy posting, one has to admire a people willing to go to war against the entire world, for a sports trophy. "Plucky" doesn't begin to describe it. But I do feel it's only fair, (if anything with odds of 1,000 to 1 can be fair), that I have it on good authority that Michael Caine is still around, and I beseech my South African Brothers to reconsider their threat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1csr0dxalpI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home