Weirdness

Monday, October 19, 2009

NicK Lowe* and Time Passages

Linda and I went out to The Barns to see Nick Lowe last night. It was just him, solo and acoustic, and he provided a warm and enjoyable performance. He started the show out with a newer song called People Change - brilliantly picked. Sitting out in the foyer before being admitted to the show, I was people watching and remembering the last time I'd seen Nick. It was a little over 30 years ago, with the brilliant Rockpile. I gazed out at the milling concert goers last night and thought, what the hell happened, people? Almost everyone, especially Nick, was quite gray. The fewyoung people in the crowd were clearly the children of parents attending, etc. I'd say that th average age was about 58-60. I don't know whether to be amused or disturbed. At any rate, it was fun, and he did do I Knew The Bride When She Used To Rock'N'Roll, (which was our wedding song), along with other ol' faves like What's So Funny 'Bout Peace, Love & Understanding and Cruel To Be Kind, (it was difficult not to sing out loud and along with him on that one, it's part of my DNA at this point). My one disappointment was that he didn't perform Switch Board Susan, although to be fair, that's really meant to be played by a band, at full ear-bleeding volume, with me in the front row...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home