Weirdness

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A Christmas song I wish I could post

15 years ago a wonderful local band named The Graverobbers was formed by my old record store pal, Karl Straub. Amongst a variety of excellent recordings, they released a cassette of Christmas music that is now so rare that I don't think even Karl has a copy, (and I don't have the capability to transfer to MP3 or whatever). But it's a fun recording, and features what I consider to be the best pop recording of Little Drummer Boy ever made. I can only hope that someday this little piece of the DC music scene will surface online.

2 Comments:

  • rob, i found a copy here. i haven't tried playing it yet, as i'm afraid it may break. at some point, i'll get a friend to help me "digitize" the xmas tapes so we can preserve it for all time.

    By Blogger Karl Straub, at 7:32 PM  

  • I'd love to hear this!

    By Anonymous Richard White, at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home