Weirdness

Thursday, December 10, 2009

fanvid for Bobby Goldsboro performing Look Around You (It's Christmas Time)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNjOtV7m7LE

I suspect most people reading this won't remember Bobby. He was sort of a proto-John Denver in the mid 60's to early 70's, with the whole light pop/vaguely country feel. I know, I know, that alone is enought to condemn him to the outer rings of hell for most hipsters. But hear me out. Yes, some of his stuff was pretty schlocky. But I think this, and some of his other hits, were pretty cool and well written. He was years ahead of the whole singer/songriter vibe that dominated radio by '73-74. And this little Christmas lament echoes themes of darkness and want later explored by folks like Tull and Greg Lake.
Okay, I still hear you snickering, but it's true. The guy is better and more legitimate than you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home