Weirdness

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sacrilege

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/jan/15/auto-pour-systems-take-power-out-bartenders-hands/news-money/

Another sign of wuss America and the retreat from humanity. Of course, what this really does is allow bars to cheat customers - who is to say if that was 1.5 or only 1.4 ounces of whiskey in your mixed drink? I am also amused at the statement that customers are intrigued by these devices, as if a soda fountain technology was some sort of meta-device of wonder. Doubtless, these shallow souls stand entranced at gas stations - staring reverentially at the pumps.
I'm no longer a habitue of bars, so this really doesn't affect me, but it just seems so pathetic. I can't imagine going out with friends to ogle pumps cheating me out of my drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home