Weirdness

Thursday, February 04, 2010

DOOMED!

For the last 36 hours we here in DC have been inundated with increasingly shrill warnings that the End Times are due to arrive in the form of snow, starting tomorrow morning. My disdain for our weathermen's abilities is by now well known to you. All I can say is, "We'll see...". The current predictions are all over the place ranging from one to three FEET. Although there's been some significant melting, there is still about 2-3 inches of snow left on most grassy areas around here - so I suppose you can add that in too. I went to my local Costco today for normal shopping and, (unfortunately predictably), was caught up in a scene out of a Hieronymus Bosch painting. A few years ago, there was that popular movie, Gladiator. I never saw it, but I can now make a fair claim to having lived it. Imagine trying to shop and maneuver a large shopping cart through a warehouse full of rabid dogs. That was my morning, with a little more degradation thrown in. At any rate, we were well stocked before, and are now more so. I've got enough bourbon and Tab to last through the month. The fireplace is loaded and ready and I've been purchasing CD's of old radio shows like Lights Out, The Shadow, and The Witch's Tale. The Manor is ready for siege.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home