Weirdness

Monday, February 01, 2010

Interesting series of articles, postings and debates about technology and the Internet

http://techliberation.com/2010/01/31/are-you-an-internet-optimist-or-pessimist-the-great-debate-over-technology%e2%80%99s-impact-on-society/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+techliberation+%28Technology+Liberation+Front%29&utm_content=Google+Reader


I confess I've not had time to digest all of this, yet. I remain somewhere between neutral and optimistic about most technology, (how could one have a blog and not be at least a little comfortable about the Internet). It is society's use of such that I remain deeply cynical about. As always, any advance seems to me to often be a mixed bag. One just deals with it and tries to create a society that will use any given advances in ways that are to one's benefit. Since opinions and views on what a "benefit" is can range widely and wildly, therein lies one of the great difficulties.
For a somewhat more optimistic view, with a nice list of associated links, I recommend folks go over to my old penpal, Infidel753 for a much deeper and broader analysis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home