Weirdness

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

just another day in the District

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/02/AR2010020203887.html?hpid=dynamiclead

I can't get all hot and bothered over the supposed drama in this article. It is just one more in a long list of criticisms I have of the pups now running the Post that they simply have no clue what this town is really like - and obviously aren't from here. The fact of the matter is that this place was, is, and always will be filled with secrets and people working on them. And it's not just the CIA (who are hardly the most secret of the bunch, just more arrogant about it - nice try guys). It is not ususual, and it is not dramatic. I had NO idea what my father did for a living until my late teens, and most of the information I've gained since then was as programs and details became declassified and part of history books and articles - and that was/is not unusual. DC is a company town, that company is the government, and some of that work is secret. No big deal. The pups at the Post need to grow up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home