Weirdness

Sunday, February 28, 2010

a plug

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=153901&CCAID=FROOGLE153901

One of the few things I enjoy about Winter is sitting around cracking and eating nuts (and pseudo nuts). I love 'em all - chestnuts, walnuts, brazil nuts, pistachios, peanuts, almonds, etc. And after year's of frustration I found the ultimate cracker - the Rocket. It is perfect for walnuts and brazil nuts - I've only had one brazil ever successfully defy me while using this thing. It will open virtually anthing easily, (be aware that it will not work on very small nuts - we're talking the medium to larger varieties, here).
Like any cracker, the one thing that one must be aware of is the strong possibility that the shell will go flying off. With this device, I've wintessed shell particles explode like grenades, sending shrapnel up to six feet away. The solution was simple, if not particularly elegant looking. I placed the rocker in one of those cheap plastic bags from the grocery store, and made sure it was coverd over when I applied pressure. All of the pieces are left in the bag for easy disposal, with no risk of some sort of Christmas Story "You'll shoot your eye out" situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home