Weirdness

Sunday, March 28, 2010

nazi soap?

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100326/mtl_soap_100326/20100326/?hub=MontrealHome

I am not an expert on extermination camp atrocities, and I know the rumors have been around for decades: lampshades, book bindings, skull chalices, and yes, soap. But I tend to side with skeptics on this one. First of all, the fact that it's stamped sounds like it's regular soap to me. Secondly, neither the dealer, nor his supplier, are offering any shred of proof or evidence. Saying you found something in the camps doesn't mean much of anything, as far as I'm concerned, and we don't even have proof regarding that assertion. The stamping implies strongly to me that it's manufactured, and it makes no sense that Germans would want to use it. For over a decade the nazis had labored to make people believe that the Jews were actualy vermin, a disease on two legs. You then ask your audience to bathe in their remains?!? Nope, no way. Oh, the camp guards were full of psychopaths, and I've no doubt that my imagination can't come up with any atrocity so sick that they, as individuals or in small groups didn't try it (including soap); but I don't see any type of large-scale effort to commit these outrages. I think this is little more than a rather crooked delaer attempting to jack up the hype (and price) on what is most likely an old bar of (regular) soap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home