Weirdness

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Late Spring

I have stated before how Autumn is my favorite time of year. But an increasingly close second is late Spring. There is no denying the attractiveness of the fresheness and promise in the foliage; the long and lingering evening Sun, and the warm weather just before the swarms of mosquitos and other vermin make the outdoors uninhabitable here in NoVa. And I still, many decades later, associate June with escape from school. One of my most cherished childhood memories is the half day I spent at the end of 4th grade, on the very last day. It was just a formality - no work, and no dress code, (oh yes, we had to dress properly for indoctrination, yoy know). Class ended in late morning, and I walked the short distance home in a beautiful and sunny day with a slight and cool breeze, looking forward to a trip out to my beloved Colorado in a few days. Even in my callow youth, I knew it was a treasured day. And so it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home