Weirdness

Saturday, August 07, 2010

new book on the flight of Rudolf Hess

http://www.sys-con.com/node/1489328

There are several (possibly intertwined) great mysteries of WWII, and I believe the whole story of Hess's rather mad flight is one of them. I've always believed what appears to be the underlining theme of this book - that he was lured to Britain. But, at the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I've also wondered how much of that lure was based on actual and serious peace feelers that Churchill was rumored to have put out in late 1940 and into 1941. There are several tantalizing second-hand claims about this, (which I happen to believe), but no hard proof or documentation survived the war; and I'm sure none will ever be found at this point. (Winston most certainly would wipe out any suggestion that he ever wavered). I strongly suspect a lot of people took a lot of secrets to their graves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home