Weirdness

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Shadows are lengthening....

With the beginning of August, (and the passing of First Harvest/Lammas/Lughnasadh), we start to enter the Fall. Oh, I know we've still got weeks of Summer left - I'm sure we've got several good heat waves left around NoVa, but the Sun is setting sooner, there's a subtle desperation to the heat and the life around us. I'm already starting to get mail order catalogs featuring Halloween decorations, and the craft shops are starting to fill up as well. And any student will tell you that they can already feel the dead hands of school clawing away at the fringe of their consciousness....
To get you in the proper mood, I happily suggest the site for the Edgar Allan Poe Society of Baltimore, at http://www.eapoe.org/index.htm. Great stuff and lots of nice links!

I'd also, (humbly) recommend another little blog of mine called Magick Theatre. I don't post there as often as on Weirdness, but still try to maintain a stream of information appropriate to it. The concentration is on folklore, (particularly that of the greater DC area), parapsychology, Forteana, the occult, magick, ghost hunting and whatever catches my fancy.
http://magicktheatre.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home