Weirdness

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Number 4?!? We're ONLY Number 4?????

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=41&sid=2298542

I can't tell you how disappointed I am by this result, and strongly suspect the bribing of the judges by New York and Chicago, (I will grant L.A.  its place in Hell...).  One problem I see is that the ranking seems to focus only on Interstate highways.  BFD.  These guys need to get out more - like real commuters.  Try Route 7 or Route 1, Glebe Road, or Columbia Pike.  It is no wonder that so many Buddhists live in and around Annandale, as only through reincarnation does one have the time to successfully drive through it. 
Try driving on Backlick Road on a Sunday.  The mega church located there preaches of hell in the afterlife, but it really occurs when all those assholes empty out the parking lot and clog the roads up.  Don't tell me we're number four....

1 Comments:

  • Got that right -- commuting from Alexandria on 395 to L'Enfant Plaza every day, morning and night, is a royal pain. Why do I drive when I can take the metro, you ask? Because metroing it would take more time, given the walk/shuttle/metro/walk that it would entail. Plus, I can cuss out all the drivers at the top of my lungs in my car -- I can't cuss out all the rude metro riders, or offer frank commentary on the smelly, weird, sketchy ones, so all in all, I'm ahead by driving. I, too, question the ranking the DC area received. Must have been rated on a federal holiday to get such a low ranking!

    By Anonymous mildew, at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home