Weirdness

Friday, April 29, 2011

The Eight Regions of Virginia

http://www.virginialiving.com/blogs/virginia-living-blog/eight-regions-of-virginia

Overall, I think this is a pretty good paper. I'd note that in overall terms, it's still NoVa VS RoVa. The folks in the swamps of the Eastern Shore still share more with the guys living in the Southern Appalachians than either do with folks like me. I'd also note that NoVa is expanding Southward from where it might have been defined just fifteen years ago. Culturally speaking, I think you'll soon see a sort of gerrymandered NoVa region stretching West along Interstate 66 to Front Royal and Southwest along Route 29 all the way down to Charlottesville.Very thin in places, but ballooning out in the larger and prettier towns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home