Weirdness

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dealing with nazi monsters in one's past

http://www.freep.com/article/20110515/NEWS07/105150658/Nazis-grandchildren-probe-past

I feel terribly sorry for these people, who have committed no crimes, and I also admire them.  There is so much denial and hiding throughout history, both personal and grand-scale.  I prefer at least trying to meet it head on with honesty and a level head.  That's what many of these folks seem to be doing, despite the immense emotional costs.  I'm a big believer in the old adage about those who ignore the past are more likely to suffer repeats of it in their own lives.  I feel much safer in the company of these Germans than the vast numbers of their countrymen wallowing in denial, subterfuge and lies. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home