Weirdness

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

How much is that nazi in the window?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390340/Dr-Jan-Bondeson-Nazis-tried-teach-dogs-talk-read.html

Sigh. My friend Dennis originally sent me this link a few days ago, (Thanks Dennis!); and I didn't publish it. As I explained to him, the reason why is because my bullshit detector is really buzzing away on this one. For one think, I've spent most of my life studying the War, as well as studying Fortean and psychic phenomena and belief systems - and I've never heard even a whisper about this before now. Frankly, I'd like to see some peer-reviewed documentation.
Secondly, it's quite possible that people were doing this type of "research", but they were either delusional crackpots or professional liars and con-men. Germany was full of these types before and during the rise to power of the nazis, and hitler and himmler supported them in various ways and at various times*. Talking dogs for the SS sounds like just one of many schemes floating around at the time, and a particularly silly one, (if the report in this book is true). I just don't think this thing has legs - if it did occur, it was VERY small potatoes on the fringe of research and certainly didn't go anywhere, (puppies debating voting for Hindenburg - give me a fucking break...). It wouldn't surprise me if this whole thing was just a joke/scam.

*At one point there were TWO "hollow earth" theories being promulgated within the nazi heirarchy.  One, that we were on the outside of a hollow sphere, the other that we were on the INSIDE!  These guys were off their meds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home