Weirdness

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Powers Are Beyond Your Understanding

(Sigh), I seem to have developed at least one super power, the ability to effortlessly get a garden hose tangled and kinked into knots so horrendous that it would make a Phrygian blanch.  I've dealt with dozens of hoses over my lifetime, almost all of them "guaranteed" not to kink up on me.  And all of them do.  And when I set them down, no matter how carefully, when I pick them up again they are woven into a spaghetti-like hell. Half my time in the garden is spend untangling hoses - it never fails. I remember old posters put out by the boy scouts and sea scouts with pictures of all sorts of knots one could/should be able to make.  Ha!  I laugh at their puny efforts.  Why, I can leave a simple garden hose draped out straight, end-to-end in the evening, and by the next morning it will have twisted itself into a non-euclidean horror that would  blast Stephen Hawkings mind to bits.    I have the gift, apparently.  And now you'll excuse me, I have to go water the garden...

3 Comments:

  • hmmmm....
    Perhaps you should offer more prayers to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

    just an idea,
    carol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 AM  

  • do you have the same problem with your hose buddy?
    : )

    By Anonymous missy, at 12:01 PM  

  • The Hose Buddy (for the cpap machine that I use) and I are at peace. My amazing powers seem limited to the garden...

    By Blogger mendip, at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home