Weirdness

Monday, August 08, 2011

fanvid for The Stones performing Wild Horses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLJFl7ws_0

It is alternatively incredible, amusing and depressing to me that this lovely tune is now 40 years old.  I still remember listening to it at my Uncle Harry's house in Colorado with my cousins, just around this time of year, and at this time of mid-evening - With the lengthening shadows stretching across his front lawn as they now drip down on the Manor.  "Childhood living is easy to do", Mick sings.  Sigh...tell me about it.
And wild horses couldn't drag me away, but that old bastard, Time, and his four decades surely have. I hope you have friends and situations you can remember with fondness 40 years from now. As for me, one more bourbon. See ya tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home