Weirdness

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

A wonderful deleted scene from the film, Pirate Radio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpFS-pEFEPs

When I was a teenager, there was the phenomena of "underground radio", something I've never quite gotten over.  I always harbored a secret desire to be a DJ on one of those stations.  And I perhaps flatter myself into still thinking that I would have been a great one. The idea of your voice and thoughts with a stack of records, weaving a story into the night is a powerful one to me.  This humble little blog is a rather mediocre attempt to do the same thing, (at least at times).
This film came out a few years ago, and I always intended on watching it, but the usual mixture of sloth, laziness and Virginia Gentleman got in the way - until last week.  My niece and her boyfriend had us over to their apartment for a viewing - and I loved every second of it, (Thanks, Rachel and Josh!).  What a fun movie!  This was put together by people that know, understand and love rock'n'roll with all of its dangers, charms, challenges, and delights.  Oh, I know that it's only a movie, with the typical exaggerations - but not by much.  It's music as religion..and survival....  A beautiful  example of what it must have been like out on the boats in '66, or on WHFS in '68 or WGTB in '75.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home