Weirdness

Thursday, October 27, 2011

MythBusters takes on The Flying Guillotine!

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-flying-guillotine/

I've always been into non-gunpowder weaponry - the weirder, the better. And the flying guillotine is sort of the Holy Grail for this. The MythBusters are almost correct in saying that it is a figment of Kung Fu movie writers' imagination.  But I believe I've read in a fairly scholarly work that there are at least one or two historical references that at least mention it in a real context, but without a solid description.  The thing is so damn impractical, that I myself am prepared to dispute the accuracy of these references, but it's a fun instrument to introduce into a D&D game....

(Thanks for the link, John!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home