Weirdness

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Art Buchwald writes of Thanksgiving

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/23/AR2005112302056.html

Art is almost forgotten now.  But he was a DC fixture throughout most of my life here in DC, and my Father's favorite humor columnist.  It became a tradition every Thanksgiving for the Post to reprint the above column.  It's not Art's best work, in my opinion, but it is his most famous.  I'm happy to say that he and I even exchanged letters over it just a few years before he passed away, (me telling him how much it meant to me).  At any rate, every year my Father would ask me if I'd caught it in the paper.  That became a family Thanksgiving tradition as much as the column itself.   The Post doesn't print it since Buchwald's death. But they keep it online, and yea, I read it every year, Dad.  And I always will. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home