Weirdness

Thursday, December 22, 2011

And so, this is Christmas..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h90JVJmPmt0

Another chapter in my long, convoluted, contradictory, and complicated history with the Holiday.  I probably won't be doing too much posting over the next few days.  So I will take this opportunity to wish you, gentle readers, a Happy Holiday, (if and whatever you celebrate at this time of year).  One of the things I like about this time of year, is that it provides an excuse to get together with family and friends, perhaps my favorite activity of all.  Some of you reading this will be part of that.  We'll have fun - we always do, and it means more to me than you imagine.
And for those of you not a part of that, I sincerely hope that you can enjoy similar get-togethers with your own circles.  It's important.  The older you get, the more you'll realize that. 
Another aspect of these times, for me, will be remembering those who used to be a part of my life and these celebrations, who are no longer around.  Pop folklore tells us that Halloween is the time for ghosts.  But for me, it's always this Season.  The Manor is full of them.  (Once again - the older you get, the more you'll probably understand this). 
And so, gentle reader, I wish you a time of happiness, health, and safety.   See ya tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home